Tuesday 8 June 2010

Don't mention the F word

There is currently a very disturbing story in the news about an alleged fox attack on two nine month old twins in Hackney. It is a very unfortunate and upsetting incident for all concerned. Obviously I sincerely hope the little girls make a full and speedy recovery and the family as a whole can move on from this awful occurrence.

As I suspected when I first heard the story there is now something of a backlash against foxes. I have read various statements from experts and concluded that shocking incidents like this are incredibly rare and that actually foxes are shy animals. I hate to say this but I suspect the media have wildly exaggerated the story for sensationalism, the screaming headlines are now even mentioning a cull which in my opinion is not at all necessary.

Here are some of the more interesting articles:

Telegraph

Would fox hunting have stopped such an attack?

League Against Cruel Sports Blog

What do the wildlife experts say?


What do the general public think Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails