Saturday 17 December 2011

Say it with an e-card



Have you sent your holiday cards yet?  

Quite often I will be pleased that I have managed to send all mine out on time only to then realise that I have forgotten someone and it is too late to reach them via mail, especially if it happens to be one of my friends in the USA.  


Every year I ask myself how I can use my holiday cards to spread awareness, I buy cards from animal rescue centres which donates money to a good cause and also advertises the centre on the card itself.  This year I wanted to do something extra so have decided to be extra festive by sending a card and an e-card.  

The e-card I have chosen is a snow leopard themed card from WWF.


The beautiful snow leopard resides in the rocky alpine regions of Central Asia.  Currently there are just 6,000 snow leopards in the wild across 12 countries including China, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Russia.  The number is gradually declining due to hunting (for their beautiful fur and bones for Chinese medicine) and habitat loss.  Some snow leopards are killed by farmers as they prey on their livestock, they are preying on domestic animals due to the decline of their natural prey.



Spread the word by sharing this post on Facebook and Twitter.



Snow leopard trust

If you would like an e-card from The Animal News please send your e-mail address to the.animal.news@googlemail.com.

Thank you.

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails