Wednesday 14 December 2011

Countdown to Christmas #2



I am the proud owner of a donkey and a seal, although the seal doesn't live in the bath and the donkey isn't grazing in the garden but technically I have adopted them.  My adoption of Oscar the donkey was a birthday present from my Mum as part of the Adopta Donkey scheme at Elisabeth Svendsen’s Trust for Children and Donkeys; Kitto the seal was a Christmas gift from my Mum and the Gweek Seal Sanctuary. 

As part of adopting Oscar I receive a regular newsletter about how Oscar is getting on, as well as a certificate, birthday and Christmas cards and the option of popping along to the Sanctuary to visit him if I arrange an appointment.  My sister adopted Donk Dean from the same Sanctuary as Oscar so for my birthday one year we all went to visit them and it was lovely.

My Nan adores whales and dolphins so one year I adopted a dolphin called Whiskey for her, she received a video of Whiskey as well as a certificate and newsletter.  She was thrilled to bits with it and I think she was seriously considering making room in her bath for him!

It really is a fantastic idea to sponsor or adopt an animal for an animal lover this Christmas (maybe even treat yourself!), as well as spreading joy to the receiver - the gift of sponsorship or adoption can make a huge difference to the life of the animal.

Many organisations run sponsorship or adoption schemes which all offer something different depending on your preference.  For more information I recommend the following links:

Dudley Zoo (or your local zoo)

Always make sure you buy your adoption or sponsorship directly from the animal organisation concerned to ensure your money is going to the right place.

I would love to hear from any of you that do decide to adopt or sponsor an animal this Christmas.

Seasons Greetings!

Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. I am afraid that this statement is not correct "As part of adopting Oscar I receive a regular newsletter about how Oscar is getting on, as well as a certificate, birthday and Christmas cards and the option of popping along to the Sanctuary to visit him if I arrange an appointment. ".


    dog microchipping

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how is that not correct please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get this."As part of adopting Oscar I receive a regular newsletter about how Oscar is getting on, as well as a certificate, birthday and Christmas cards and the option of popping along to the Sanctuary to visit him if I arrange an appointment." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



    microchipping dogs

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails