Saturday 19 November 2011

Our Day at Discover Dogs


I was lucky enough and absolutely thrilled to win tickets for this years Discover Dogs event at Earl’s Court in London.  This time last week, myself and my dog loving other half had an absolutely fantastic day, spent an awful lot of money and learnt an awful lot about dogs.

The aim of the Discover Dogs event is just that, discovering.  We discovered dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds.  It is an ideal event for anybody considering adopting a canine friend with lots of dogs to meet and many experts to chat to and learn from.

The most exciting part of the day was when we slowly worked our way round each section of dog breeds - Toy, Terrier & Hounds and finally Working and Pastoral dogs.  Each group housed many different dog breeds and was chock-a-block with information on the breed itself including health, behaviour and more, I obtained as much information as I could carry to take home and peruse.  I will to share this information with you in the new year in a series about dog breeds – although I must admit, my motives for this are slightly self-seeking as I am desperate to know more about each breed of dog, especially in a behavioural sense which I find fascinating. 

I wanted to stop and spend time with every single dog at the event but there simply weren’t enough hours in the day!  Here are a few images of some of the dogs I was lucky enough to meet, courtesy of my other half's camera and the Discover Dogs Facebook Page.



{For these and more photos check out our Facebook Page here}


Throughout the day there were frequent seminars run by all sorts of canine experts, we hand picked a few to attend so as to leave ourselves enough time to meet the dogs and shop for Suki.  One seminar that was of particular interest to us was the seminar on Puppy Farming given by famous vet Marc Abraham, he has personally investigated this issue both in the UK and in the US and has actively been campaigning for this cause for several years with his Pup Aid campaign.  I will post more information about Marc’s seminar and Pup Aid campaign in the next few days so keep checking back.

As the day drew to a close we rushed to grab some bargains for Suki (we couldn’t go home empty handed) and without giving anything away let’s just say that Santa is definitely paying Suki a visit this year.  I even picked up a lovely gift for Rusty at the Mayhew Animal Home stand, it looks so much fun that I had to prize it out of the hands of my other half!

Some (of the many) highlights of the day:

Meeting Ripley from the Pedigree Adoption Drive and having a quick cuddle.

Being smothered in love by a Staffordshire Bull Terrier that was as full of energy as Suki, I only wish we could have taken him home to meet her.

Having a nice cuddle with a beautiful little fellow (as pictured above) and a chat with his friendly owner.

Suki’s face when we presented her with a special doggie brownie from a doggie bakery at the event (No chocolate allowed! Dog friendly ingredients only)

Roll on next year…

Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails